The VWR Foundation has been granting Founders Grants since its inception in 2009. Organizations aligned with the VWR Foundation mission, who have been an established U.S. 501 (c)(3) for a minimum of 3 years, can review the below guidelines to better understand the types of organizations and programs the VWR Foundation supports.
The VWR Foundation will not make contributions to:
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Startup ventures
- Fundraising activities and events such as golf outings, luncheons or galas
The VWR Foundation provides grants aligned with the guidelines outlined below:
- Research: The VWR Foundation provides grants to support research being completed by privately funded laboratories. Research can range from cures for diseases to the development and testing of medicines, vaccines and other treatments to the solutions to the country's greatest challenges. These dollars could be applied to the cost of equipment and supplies and to researcher's salaries.
- Health and Well-being: The VWR Foundation provides dollars to administer clinics, provide vaccines or preventative care offerings including health screenings for the under privileged. Although valuable, the VWR Foundation does not support fitness or weight management programs.
- Science Education: The VWR Foundation provides grants to schools supporting grades K-12 for STEM programs* that go beyond the textbook (not funded through government or tuition dollars), scholarships for students attending science related camps or grant programs to provide training for science teachers. Dollars can be applied to support the purchase of supplies and equipment or for scholarships to cover the cost of the programs for students. At the college/university level, dollars can be applied to science related programs including scholarships, equipment and products. In addition, science related institutions (e.g. Science Museums) can apply for grants that help further science education. Please note that the VWR Foundation does not fund food or transportation needs for science education programs.
For education based projects and requests, please provide details on the curriculum concepts addressed and the specific scientific standards or STEM principles taught through the project.
*Please apply by January 31st for any STEM summer camps occurring within the same fiscal year.
Applications submitted to the VWR Foundation will be reviewed on a quarterly basis by the Board.